Monday, May 19, 2008

Rioja. No dishes. The Bachelorette.

B is on his post-law school trip. I had neither the funds nor the vacation days to tag along, but I'm glad he gets to go. His parents and brother went in together to pay for him to go on a business trip with his brother... to the Hague! B's brother (and father, for that matter) is also a criminal defense attorney, and he got the opportunity to represent two men in a war tribunal in the Hague. I say opportunity, because I find that people are kind of repulsed by the idea of him representing people who have committed such egregious crimes against humanity. What I always try to point out is that B's bro is ensuring that there is due process and a vigorous defense in these proceedings, so that if and when they are convicted, there can be no question as to the fairness of their trial.

I digress. In the meantime, I'm hanging out solo for a couple weeks. I wasn't looking forward to it, to be honest, but now I'm actually kind of enjoying myself. We're finally moving in together officially next Monday - as opposed to me crashing at his place, and paying $700 for the prettiest storage space you've ever seen, formerly known as my half of my apartment. I'm glad to have the time to myself before such a big change. And I've realized some things are better when there's just one of you...
  1. Cooking for one is a little easier. Cleaning up for one is a lot easier.
  2. Total remote control domination. Two hour season premiere of The Bachelorette. Followed by House Hunters. Followed by House Hunters: International.
  3. Total control of the thermostat (sssh don't tell B, for the next week he still pays the electricity bills at this place...)
  4. A nice bottle of dry rose Spanish Rioja. One glass. No sharing.
  5. Watching John Stewart after aforementioned bottle of Rioja.
I'm so excited to move in with B. But I'm even more confident doing it knowing that I thoroughly enjoy my own company! He can go to the Hague whenever he wants...

1 comment:

K said...

Hooray! I'll have someone to compare notes with on The Bachelorette!