Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The OutOfTownStateSchool saga continues

So I've already talked about how incredibly difficult it was to turn down admission to OutOfTownState school. Unfortunately, today I had to do it three more times.

I was a little suspicious when I got a packet in the mail with some info, including my small section assignment. But I figured that mailing could have been in the works for a few weeks and potentially predated my contacting the Assistant Dean to let her know I wouldn’t be attending in the fall.

Then I got an e-mail from her about some changes to my small section schedule. And that made me nervous. So I e-mailed her to make sure she’d gotten my original e-mail. Out of office reply. I tried e-mailing the Dean herself. Out of office reply. Finally, as instructed in the out of office reply, I e-mailed the third in command at admissions@outoftownstateschool.edu.

It’s been excruciating. I know I shouldn’t feel bad or guilty about deciding not to go there, and that it’s their job to put so much work into trying to convince someone to come to their school. I will just be glad when this is all over.

In the meantime, I really wish the law school I will be attending would hurry up and send me my schedule already. I noticed that there’s three sections of Civ Pro that start at 8:00 a.m., and if I’m going to be in one, I need time to emotionally adjust to the idea.

Update: Third in command wrote back. He was very gracious, and wished me the best of luck in my all pursuits. Huge sigh of relief.

2 comments:

K said...

Only a week left and then we get our boyfriends back!

Shells said...

I know! I can't wait. Staying up till midnight doing Civ Pro flashcards with him is getting pretty old. How are you holding up? :)