Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The last quarter mile

My dearest B is, as I write this, five and a half hours away from being done with the bar. We're both runners, so every time he's started to get down over the last week, I broke out the lame but hopefully helpful analogy that he's in the last quarter mile. Like when you're completely exhausted, but you know the end is near, so you somehow find a little reserve of energy you didn't know you had to sprint through the end.

He's in a town a couple hours away, so unfortunately I won't get to celebrate with him tonight, but I can't wait to see him tomorrow.

I don't talk about work much on this blog, out of a deathly fear it will be discovered by a coworker, but I'm powering through the end of that too. Two more days! And my awesome boss and work friends all want to take me out for a drink on Friday night. So even though I'm overwhelmed finishing things up at the office, and really miss B, I'm just trying to keep my sights set on Friday night, when we'll be out with all our friends celebrating me finishing my job, and him finishing the bar.

No comments: